The Mission of St. Mark’s is to further the Kingdom of God by teaching and preaching God’s Word.
To reach out to our community and beyond with the love of Christ and the truth of God’s Word.
We worship the Triune God, the Father as Creator, the Son, Jesus Christ, as resurrected and ascended Savior, and the Holy Spirit as Sanctifier.
We administer and receive the sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion as the means by which God offers and confirms to the believer the forgiveness of sins and His blessings in Christ. We look forward to our resurrection from the dead and to eternal life with Christ in the glory of heaven.
We Believe, Teach, and Confess the following things to be true…
- The Bible is the very Word of God and is without error.
- The one true God is the Triune God; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God made the universe and all that is in it.
- Because of our sin, we have earned the anger of God, but because of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, we have God’s forgiveness.
- God’s forgiveness is free to all who believe in Jesus Christ.
- Jesus will return on the Last Day to judge the living and the dead. On that day, the unbeliever will be cast into hell, but the believer will enjoy eternal happiness in Heaven.
As Lutheran Christians:
We live by the teachings of our confessional writings as found in The Book of Concord. These writings help us to stay true to the Word of God and to live with these three short phrases: Grace Alone, Faith Alone, and Scripture Alone.
Grace alone: God loves the people of the world, even though they are sinful, rebel against Him and do not deserve His love. He sent Jesus, His Son, to love the unlovable and save the ungodly.
Faith alone: By His suffering and death as the substitute for all people of all time, Jesus purchased and won forgiveness and eternal life for them. Those who hear this Good News and believe it have the eternal life that it offers. God creates faith in Christ and gives people forgiveness through Him.
Scripture alone: The Bible is God’s inerrant and infallible Word, in which He reveals His law and his Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ. It is the sole rule and norm for Christian doctrine.